Established in 2001, this subsection contains data from acute stroke trials. Patient demography, outcome measures, medical history, adverse event and concomitant medication data are available for inclusion in analyses.
Data can be used to:
- pilot trial design
- examine the natural history of recovery
- investigate recovery in specific participant subgroups
- examine quality of life after stroke
- determine proof of concept for larger planned investigations
- determine the likelihood of defined adverse events
- inform the development of grant applications
VISTA-Acute is governed by a Steering Committee, comprising contributing trialists and sponsors; these members oversee the use of contributed data and approve all proposed projects.